On this Page:
- 1 May I have my car at Byron Center Manor?
- 2 Am I free to come and go as I please?
- 3 Are residents allowed to have guests for meals?
- 4 Are the fees for staying at Byron Center Manor covered by my health insurance?
- 5 Does Byron Center Manor participate in the Medicaid Waiver program?
- 6 Does Byron Center Manor offer skilled nursing services?
- 7 Does Byron Center Manor offer respite care?
- 8 Is there a long-term commitment to staying at Byron Center Manor?
- 9 May I bring my own furnishings?
- 10 What areas does Byron Center Manor service?
- 11 How long has some of your staff be employed at BCM?
- 12 What are the food options for residents?
- 13 Are there long-term agreements at Byron Center Manor?
- 14 What ways are there to pay?
- 15 Are pets allowed?
- 16 What transportation is available to residents?
- 17 Are there any visiting restrictions at Byron Center Manor?
Yes. Independent and assisted living residents may have their car here if you have a valid driver’s license. There is free parking available or carport space available for rent.
Independent living residents are permitted to leave without signing in or out. We only ask for a courtesy notice of absence from meals or overnight trips.
Assisted living and memory care residents are permitted to leave. We require the outing to be logged by the resident or family member. We also ask for notice if the resident is leaving so we are aware and can send along with necessary medications.
Yes. We require all residents to provide a 24-hour notice of any meal guests.
No. Healthcare insurance does not cover Independent Living or Adult Foster Care services. Some long-term care insurances will cover a portion of our costs. Please check with your insurance policy.
Yes. For assisted living and memory care residents, we work with Area Agency on Aging of West Michigan and Reliance Community Care Partners.
No. Our independent living is a non-licensed area. Our assisted living and memory care are licensed Adult Foster Care facilities.
Yes. We do offer respite care in our licensed areas for assisted living and memory care residents. There is a 10-day minimum stay and it is subject to availability at the time of the request.
No. Residents may give a 30-day notice to terminate their residency at any time.
Yes. Independent living residents are expected to provide their own furnishings. They are free to set up the room as they please. We do have a strict bed bug policy that needs to be followed. You can find examples of resident living areas in this gallery.
Assisted living and memory care rooms are partially furnished by Byron Center Manor. Residents are welcome to bring furniture from home along with favorite wall hangings and décor. We do not allow painting, wallpaper, or other changes to permanent features in any of our areas.
Byron Center Manor’s senior living facility serves residents from all over West Michigan. Our resident’s families are commonly from Georgetown Township, Grandville, Wyoming, Wayland, Kentwood, Caledonia, Dorr, and Byron Center.
We have committed staff that has been with us for years! We have one staff member who has been with BCM for over 28 years, 16 years, 11 years and less than 10. It truly feels like family here!
Our residents love the food, and they always have choices. If there is something on the menu that they don’t like then we will substitute it for them.
At BCM we don’t have long term agreements. Our residents who reside here pay month to month and can leave anytime if things change.
At BCM we accept private pay, long term care insurance, veteran benefits, auto insurance and the Medicaid Waiver program.
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed at BCM.
We offer transportation for errands and appointments. Please contact the receptionist for more information.
Our administrator meets with MDHHS every other week to discuss changes based on the status of the pandemic. Please contact the building manager for more information.
If you have any further questions that are not mentioned here, please message us online or call (616) 878-3300